This pasta-free lasagna is packed with vegetables and protein. Besides being mouthwatering, it makes for the perfect packed lunch, and can be done with just 5 ingredients. Happy cooking!
- 5 medium-sized zucchinis
- 1.5 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion (sliced in rounds)
- Optional: Black pepper to taste
- Chop both ends off of each zucchini.
- Slice each zucchini length-wise into 4-5 slices (about 1/5-inch thick)
- In a baking dish, assemble 4-5 tightly aligned zucchini slices as your base.
- Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, and lightly add ricotta and mozzarella cheese (portion it out so there is enough for 3 layers)
- Add 4-6 onion rounds on top.
- Repeat the layers twice.
- Top off with the remaining zucchini slices. Lightly spread what’s left of the tomato sauce, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese, and finish off with grounded black pepper (optional).
- Bake @400F for 60-70 min. Enjoy!